Wednesday, May 17, 2017

New Posting Schedule

After four years of biweekly posting, new flies will post to Soft Hackles, Tight Lines on the first Wednesday of every month.

The blog has run from 3 June 2013 to this 17 May 2017 post. Excluding this notice, it has included 105 posts with 103 devoted to a historical account of specific, related dressings. On the whole, the posts have comprised better than 46,000 words and 159 photos of flies tied specifically for the blog. While there is plenty left to research, write, and tie, there is simply not enough time to maintain the current volume of output.

(Some content has been taken down in order to pursue additional writing opportunities outside Soft Hackles, Tight Lines, which will be noted here on the blog as they become available.)



Images here are from Charles Bowlker.

7 comments:

  1. Neil, thank you for the notice, I sincerely appreciate your hard work and dedication to this blog. I not only enjoy reading the blog but tying the flies as well. The history of these great patterns is important so once again, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following and for tying - I wish the comments section allowed for posting pictures, but I'm positive there's room for stories. I hope you'll think about sharing.

      Delete
  2. Neil, Thanks for your time and effort. I always look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very much appreciate it, Harold - I'm hoping that I don't end up with novel-length posts by going to monthly schedule!

      Delete
  3. Neil. I wanted to thank you also for the in depth research you have devoted to each post. I don't comment that often but I do check out your posts regularly. Thank you and all the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mark - that means a lot. This has been the proverbial labor of love, and I wish I could continue to devote the time to it that I have in the past.

      Delete
  4. This is a good selling high-end watch site Kopior klockor

    ReplyDelete